Mountain Tap Gondola Dining…
Our Gondola Cabins are safely stowed for the summer to make room for picnic tables and patio umbrellas! But don’t worry… they’ll be back in the autumn!
Winter reservations are now open! Keep reading…
A fun, unique and completely mountainy experience
You say you don’t get your fill riding the gondola on the ski mountain? We’ve got you covered! Each winter Mountain Tap adds to its patio three refurbished gondola cabins, offering a private, unique and fun dining opportunity complete with fresh craft beer and wood-fired cuisine!
- Each gondola cabin seats one party of up to 6 adults comfortably and could fit 2 additional kids with a squeeze.
- Each gondola cabin has its own blue tooth speaker so you can choose your own music.
- Each gondola cabin has a small heater. Remember you’ll be sitting in a gondola cabin on a snowy patio with sometimes sub-0 temperatures just out the window. Dress for winter!
- Pets are not allowed within the gondola cabins. No outside food or drinks. No smoking within the gondola cabins.
Pricing: Food and Beverage Minimums
Weekday Reservations – Sunday through Thursday, $100 food and beverage minimum*
Weekend Reservations – Friday and Saturday, $150 food and beverage minimum*
Holiday Week Reservations – December 26 – January 2, $150 food and beverage minimum every day*
If minimum purchase of combined food and beverage consumed onsite is not met, guests can also purchase beer or merchandise to go!
*The City of Steamboat Springs requires us to collect a 1% accommodations tax on the food and beverage minimum. This will be added to your bill and equates to $1 for weekdays, $1.50 for weekends and holiday week.
Please review the cancelation policy below before booking your gondola cabin. Gondolas are available by reservation and can only be made by clicking HERE. A credit card is required to make your reservation. Once you’ve reserved your gondola cabin, you will receive an email and text confirmation. You can easily check or cancel your reservation by clicking on the reservation link and logging into your account. Once in your account, click the person icon in the upper right corner of the screen, and it will display your reservation date and time. If you need to cancel, select the trash can icon and follow prompts for action. Don’t see availability for the day and time you’re looking for? Call Mountain Tap at 970-879-6646 to get your name on the waitlist! If something opens up, you’ll be the first to know.
- If you cancel more than 7 days prior to reservation, your credit card on file will not be charged.
- If you cancel between 7 days and 24 hours of your reservation, your credit card on file will be charged 50% of the Food & Beverage Minimum for your reserved time slot.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your reservation, your credit card on file will be charged 100% of the Food & Beverage Minimum for your reserved time slot.
Sanitation and Safety
We book 15 minutes between parties to thoroughly sanitize each gondola cabin. With nothing but smooth, hard surfaces on the interior, you can be assured that this is getting done right. We also open the doors and run the fan for a bit to provide an air changeover. For this reason, you might find your gondola cabin a bit chilly when you first settle in. Once the electric heat and body heat start cranking, most guests find the gondola cabins toasty!
About Mountain Tap’s gondola cabins…
Our gondola cabins previously shuttled skiers at Killington Ski Area in Vermont. The ski area upgraded the cabins on its K1 lift in 2018, and the old gondola cabins eventually made their way to Colorado. Mountain Tap Brewery worked with The Gondola Shop, a gondola restoration company in Fruita, Colorado to obtain our three gondola cabins. Much of the mechanical equipment in the cabins such as the door mechanisms, cables and kerosene floor heaters was removed. Then we equipped each cabin with an electric heater, twinkly lights and a blue tooth speaker. We constructed the tables from the same beetle kill pine used to make Mountain Tap’s signature indoor community tables. We crafted the door handles from old bike crank arms. The gondola’s original bench seating remains intact, as does the unique artwork on the exterior, designed by Vermont artists decades ago.
Let the winter fun begin!